One South Commercial is pleased to present the exclusive listing for 205 W Franklin Street, located in Richmond’s historic downtown neighborhood – Monroe Ward.
Known as the Mayo-Carter House, the property was originally constructed in 1895 as a single family home by New York architects Carrere & Hastings, the same architects who designed the nearby Jefferson Hotel.
The three story building has a total of 7,706 finished square feet and has been converted into executive office space. Currently home to Virginia Commonwealth University’s legal department, the office space features an impressive reception area, a number of private offices, a full kitchen and a five zone heating & air system. Both the first & second floor has an aquatherm system with four separate air handlers and four tankless hot water heaters that supply hot water to each air handler. The third floor space has a separate gas forced air heating with air. The apartment is located in the rear of the property on ground level and has its own entry. The spacious one bedroom/one bathroom floor plan features central air, washer/dryer, dishwasher.
The property also includes a partially finished basement of approximately 2,867 square feet, which is used as storage. Three parking spaces are included on the parcel and there are ample rental parking spaces adjacent to the building.